We are delighted to offer weeklong Cuban percussion and singing retreats in an ancient off-grid farmhouse in Southern Spain. The week offers an immersive study where you will develop technique, stamina, timing and repertoire as well as meeting and socialising with other like-minded people passionate about batá music.
As with all of our retreats, we spilt the time between tuition and practice time, making the most of the amazing location (mountain walks, beaches, snorkelling, sunbathing, star-gazing, horse riding etc. ), relaxing and of course, eating and drinking.
Afro Cuban Folkloric Percussion
May 24th – 31st
Sept 1st – -8th
Bata Drumming Retreat
June 7th – 14th
Coro de Clave
July 25th June – 2nd
Salsa Percussion Retreat
Sept 18th – 25th
David Pattman and Vicky Jassey
Earlybird rate Shared Room £595
Earlybird rate Single Room £720
Regular Rate: Shared Room £680
Regular Rate: Single Room £790 (1-2 available)
The full payment due date depends on which course you attend please visit our website Finca Ará Oko.
Please visit our Accommodationpage to read about the facilities available at Finca Ará Oko.
Included in the price
– 7 nights’ accommodation
– Three meals a day (for seven days)
– 5 hours tuition x 5 days
– Two excursions either to the beach, nature reserve, local restaurants or mountain walking.
Not included in the price
– Extra Nights: £25
– Extra meals: Breakfast £5, Lunch £7, Dinner £10
– Flights: The nearest airport is Almeria (1 hr 20mins drive), then Granada (1 ½-hour drive), then Malaga (2-hour drive). Fares range from £50-350 return. Or, you can use Blablacar.com for car share possibilities. Fares range from around £10-15.
– Transport to and from the airport: Public transport, unfortunately, is rubbish. The cheapest way is to coordinate your flight times with others attending the course. We will help facilitate this and may suggest a flight time. Ideally, try to fly into Almeria as it is the nearest airport, however, Malaga has more flights and are sometimes cheaper.
Taxi to/from Almeria (7-seater) – €110.
Taxi to/from Malaga (7-seater) €170.
Bus to/from Malaga to Motril (Alsa bus company) – €10
Taxi to/from Motril €80.
Taxi to/from Granada €110
– Car hire: Some of you may wish to hire a car during your stay. It is a lovely place to drive with good roads and no traffic. If you choose this option, please let us know as we have plenty of experience of how not to get ripped off by car-hire firms.
– Travel insurance: Please make your own arrangements.
– Extra lessons
– Extra excursions or activities: There are horse riding, cycling and water sports activities available nearby. If you would like us to organise any of these events, please let us know beforehand.
*If you wish to stay longer than 7 nights please check with us to see if we can accommodate you. If we can’t for any reason we will be able to suggest places to stay nearby.
How to book
Please visit www.fincaaraoko.com and choose the course you would like to attend.